Gram Darshan Haryana Portal: Haryana has 6 administrative divisions, 22 districts, 142 community development blocks, and 6197 Gram Panchayats. The vision of Gram Darshan is to “Make all Government services accessible to the common citizens in their locality, through the Gram Panchayats websites and ensure efficiency, transparency & reliability of such services to realize their basic needs.
Gram Darshan Haryana Portal- 6197 Villages All Data and Complaints/ Suggestions
Objectives of Gram Darshan
The key objectives of Gram Darshan are to use Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to:
- Make the Gram Darshan act as a hub of information for rural citizens
- Bring in better Transparency, Accountability, Efficiency and RTI compliance of Panchayats
- Improve Governance of local self-government
- Provide easier, faster and cheaper access to the information uploaded by the line departments, thereby bridging the gap
- Contribute towards social empowerment by engaging all sections of the community in the task of village development
- Create and sustain a culture of cooperative living for inclusive and rapid development
Information Repository under Gram Darshan
Each of the Gram Panchayat websites would display the following information:-
- Message Board: It includes message from Hon’ble Prime Minister, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister and other Dignitaries
- Details of Elected Representatives: It includes details of Sarpanch, Panches and Gram Sachiv of Gram Panchayat
- List of Public Assets: Details of assets already created/ being created by D&P Department or by any Other Line Department of the State
- Details of Financial Assets: Gram Panchayats would upload details of financial assets like Fixed Deposits and Committed Expenses like salaries etc.
- Gram Sabha Meeting Details & Recordings: Due to the ongoing pandemic covid-19, Gram Panchayats are unable to hold the Gram Sabha meetings. Hence, the concept of e-Gram Sabha has been launched by the State of Haryana. The proceedings of these e-Gram Sabhas would be uploaded on GP website
- Gram Panchayat Development Plan: Gram Panchayats have been mandated for the preparation of Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) for economic development and social justice utilizing the resources available to them. The Gram Panchayats would upload their GPDP plan for current financial year along with their Budget.
- Social Media Platforms: There will be a provision to share the content with social media platforms like Facebook, twitter etc.
- Link to e-Gram Swaraj Portal launched by MoPR, GoI and other key portals of Govt. of Haryana and Govt. of India
- Option to upload Videos & Photographs of key events
- Details of key Schemes implemented by various Departments
- Option to upload Latest News / Sanction orders / Tenders
- Link to fund flow of State funds through the proposed IT Solution
Citizen Suggestions, Demands and Complaints
In addition to the information repository, each Gram Panchayat website under Gram Darshan would be linked to a webpage to collect Citizen Suggestions, Demands, and Complaints. The webpage will capture the following important fields like, Citizen’s details, relates to which Department, Description of the work, Expected Benefits and Uploading of documents (in pdf format). Citizen’s suggestions and demands would be addressed by the State Govt./ Department or District Administration or by Gram Sabha during their planning phase. However, the complaints would be redirected to the CM Window portal.
Gram Darshan project would help the Gram Panchayats in the following ways:-
- Larger Audience Coverage : Going public enables connect with larger audience. Millions of online users can reach social profile. This does not happen overnight, but the potential is higher than spreading the word offline. This one factor alone is usually enough for creating an online presence for your portfolio.
- Information exchange/ Educating Stakeholders: At its simplest, a website provides a quick and easy way of communicating information between GP and its Stakeholders. Gram Panchayat websites can offer advice/recommendations on various social aspects. Using digital presence, the information can be delivered in a well thought out and consistent way any time of the day or night.
- Accessibility: It is important for stakeholders to know that they can reach GPs easily. Having one click away information pertaining to relevant GPs goes long way in building the confidence of Stakeholders.
- Trust Building: In today’s modern world, there is an increased citizen’s expectations from GPs. Having a commanding online presence makes people feel more comfortable about dealing with relevant GPs. The time spent writing GP profile is never wasted.
- Image Building: Image building of GP is vital to success and GP profile building is one aspect of Image building. Become or remain the expert by demonstrating knowledge and expertise in your area of work. Writing/posting relevant information on the site that educate visitors and help them understand GP. Delivering on the promises contained in your GPs is where image building comes into play.
Technical Layout of Gram Darshan Portal
- Each of the GP website will comprise of one or more Portal Pages, of which one will be designated as a Home Page for the site
- Each Portal Page will consist of one or more Portlets
- Each portlet will contain one or more content items, as shown below:
Gram Darshan Portal Target Users
Departments Under Gram Darshan Haryana Portal
- Land Improvement
- Minor Irrigation
- Animal Husbandry
- Social Forestry
- Minor Forest Produce
- Small scale industries
- Khadi, village and cottage industries
- Rural Housing
- Drinking Water
- Fuel and fodder
- Rural Electrification
- Non-conventional energy
- Poverty alleviation programme
- Vocational education
- Adult and non-formal education
- Cultural activities
- Markets and fairs
- Health and sanitation
- Family welfare
- Women and child development
- Social welfare
- Welfare of the weaker sections
- Public distribution system
- Maintenance of community assets