SSC JHT 2020 Notification and Apply Online started from Jun 29, 2020. SSC (Staff Selection Commission) has invited the online applications for the post of Junior Hindi Translator (JHT), Junior Translator (JT), Senior Hindi Translator(SHT) in Various Departments/ Ministries/ Offices, etc.
Candidates should read the SSC JHT 2020 Notification and check their eligibility before applying online for the SSC JHT Vacancy 2020.
SSC JHT 2020 Junior Hindi Translator/ Junior Translator/ Senior Hindi Translator Notification and Apply Online
✅ Important Links for SSC JHT 2020
|SSC JHT 2020 Apply Online||Click Here|
|SSC JHT 2020 Notification PDF||Click Here|
|Official Website @ssc.nic.in||Click Here|
|Check Other Govt. Jobs||Click Here|
|Post Name||JHT/ JT/ SHT|
|Pay Scale/ Salary||Level-6 (Rs. 35400- 112400)|
|Job Location||All Over India|
|Status||Notification and Apply Online|
✅ Important Dates for SSC JHT 2020 Recruitment
|Apply Online Start||29 June 2020|
|Last Date to Apply||25 July 2002 till 11:30 PM|
|Last Date to Pay Fees (Online)||27 July 2020 till 11:30 PM|
|Last Date to Generate Offline Challan||29 July 2020 till 11:30 PM|
|Last Date to Pay Fees (Online)||31 July 2020 till Banking Hours|
|SSC JHT Tier I Exam Date (CBT)||19 Nov 2020|
|SSC JHT Tier II Exam Date (Descriptive Paper)||31 Jan 2021|
✅ Post Details and Salary of SSC JHT 2020
|Code||Post||Grade Pay/ Salary|
|A||Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS)||Level-6 (Rs.35400- 112400)|
|B||Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board)||Level-6 (Rs.35400- 112400)|
|C||Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ)||Level-6 (Rs.35400- 112400)|
|D||Junior Translator (JT)/Junior Hindi Translator (JHT) in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/ JHT||Level-6 (Rs.35400- 112400)|
|E||Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices||Level-7 (Rs.44900- 142400)|
✅ Vacancy Details for SSC JHT 2020 Recruitment
|Junior Hindi Translator/ Junior Translator||275|
|Senior Hindi Translator||8|
✅ Application Fees for SSC JHT 2020
|Gen/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 100/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online or Offline Challan|
✅ Eligibility for SSC JHT 2020
Age Limit: 18-30 (On 1/1/2021)
|Educational Qualification for JT/ JHT|
Master’s degree of a recognized University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level;
Recognized Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa or two years‘ experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central or State Government Office, including Government of India Undertaking
|Educational Qualification for SHT|
|Master‟s degree of a recognized University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level;|
Master‟s degree of a recognized University in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level;
Master‟s degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi medium and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of an examination at the degree level;
Master‟s degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with English medium and Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level;
Master‟s Degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or either of the two as the medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level
Recognized Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa or three years‟ experience of translation work from Hindi to English and vice versa in Central or State Government Office, including Government of India Undertaking
✅ How to Apply for SSC JHT Recruitment 2020
The process of filling online application for the examination consists of two parts:
I. One Time Registration
II. Filling of Online Application for the Examination
Part-I (One-Time Registration)
1. Please read the instructions given in the Notice of Examination carefully before filling up the online ‘Registration Form’ and „Application Form‟.
2. Before proceeding with One-Time Registration, keep the following information/ documents ready:
a. Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP)
b. Email ID (to be verified through OTP).
c. Aadhaar Number. If Aadhaar Number is not available, please give one of the following ID Numbers. (You will be required to show the original document at a later stage):
i. Voter ID Card
iv. Driving License
v. School/ College ID
vi. Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private)
d. Information about the Board, Roll Number, and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination.
e. Recent (i.e. not more than three months old) scanned color passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible. The date on which the photograph has been taken should be printed on the photograph. Applications with a blurred photograph will be rejected.
f. Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 2.0 cm (height). Applications with illegible signature will be rejected.
g. Disability Certificate Number, if you are a person with benchmark disability.
3. For One-Time Registration, click on the „Register Now‟ link provided in the „Login‟ section on https://ssc.nic.in.
4. The one-Time Registration process requires filling up of the following information:
a. Basic details
b. Additional details and contact details
c. Uploading of the scanned image of passport size photograph and signature.
5. For filling up the ‘One-Time Registration Form’, please follow the following steps:
a. Few critical details (e.g. Aadhaar Number, name, father‟s name, mother‟s name, date of birth, etc) are required to be entered twice, in the relevant columns of the Registration Form, for verification purpose and to avoid any mistakes. If there is a mismatch between the original and verify data column, the indication will be given in the red text.
b. S No-1, provide information about Aadhaar Number/ Identity Card and its Number. Anyone of these Numbers is required to be given.
c. S No-2: Fill your name exactly as given in the Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate. In case, you have made any changes in your name after matriculation, indicate the same at S No-2c and 2d.
d. S No-3: Fill your father‟s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
e. S No-4: Fill your mother‟s name exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
f. S No-5: Fill your date of birth exactly as given in Matriculation (10th Class) Certificate.
g. S No-6: Matriculation (10th Class) Examination Details which include:
i. Name of Education Board
ii. Roll Number
iii. Year of passing
h. S No-7: Gender
i. S No-8: Level of Educational Qualification (highest).
j. S No-9: Your Mobile Number. This must be a working mobile number as it will be verified through „One Time Password‟ (OTP). It may be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this mobile number only. Your mobile number will also be used for retrieval of a password if required.
k. S No-10: Your Email ID. This must be a working Email ID as it will be verified through OTP. It may also be noted that any information which the Commission may like to communicate with you, will be sent on this Email ID only. Your Email ID will also be used for retrieval of password/ Registration Number is required.
l. Provide detail of State/ UT of your Permanent Address.
m. When the Basic Details provided at S No-1 to 10 are saved, you will be required to confirm your mobile number and email ID. On confirmation, your data will be saved and your Registration Number will be displayed on the screen. Your Registration Number and Password will be provided to you on your mobile number and Email ID.
n. You have to complete the Registration Process within 14 days failing which your Registration Details saved so far will be deleted.
o. Login using your Registration Number as username and auto-generated password provided to you on your mobile and email. Change your password, when prompted on the first login.
p. After a successful password change, you need to login again using your Registration Number and changed the password.
q. On successful login, information about the „Basic Details‟ so far filled by you will be displayed. You may edit it, if required, or proceed further by clicking on the „Next‟ button at the bottom to complete your one-time registration.
r. S No-11: Provide information about your Category.
s. S No-12: Provide information about your Nationality
t. S No-13: Provide information about visible Identification Mark. You may be required to show the above Identification Mark at various stages of examination.
u. S No-14: Provide information about benchmark disabilities, if any. If you are suffering from any specific benchmark disability identified suitable for government jobs, then provide Disability Certification Number.
v. S No: 15 to 18: Provide information about your Permanent and Present Address. Save the data and proceed further to the last part of the Registration Process.
w. S No: 19 to 20: Upload your recent Photograph (not more than three months old) and Signature as specified at S No-2 above.
x. Save the information provided. Take a draft printout and review the information provided thoroughly, before „Final Submit‟.
y. Upon clicking „Final Submit‟ different OTPs will be sent on your mobile number and Email ID. You need to enter one of the two OTPs at the designated field to complete the Registration Process.
z. Read the „Declaration‟ carefully, if you agree with the declaration, click „I Agree‟.
aa. After submission of Basic information, if the registration process is not completed within 14 days, your data will be deleted from the system.
✅Part-II (Online Application Form)
1. Log in to the online system through your Registration Number and password on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in).
2. Click the „Apply‟ link in „Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, and Senior Hindi Translator Examination 2020‟ section under the „Latest Notifications‟ tab.
3. Information in columns at S No-1 to 14 will be automatically filled from your One-Time Registration data which is non-editable. However, if you want to modify any of One-Time Registration details, click on the „Modify Registration‟ tab provided at the left-hand top corner of your login screen and make suitable
corrections before proceeding further.
4. S No-15: Give your preference for Examination Centers. You may choose examination Centers within the same Region. The choice for all three Centers must be given in the order of preference.
5. S No-16: If you are an ex-serviceman, fill up the required information. Wards of servicemen/ ex-servicemen are not treated as ex-servicemen.
6. S No-17: If you are suffering from Cerebral Palsy, click „Yes‟.
7. S No-17.1 to 17.4: If you are eligible for availing the facility of the scribe as per Para-7 of the Notice of examination, provide information about the requirement of the scribe.
8. S No-18: If you are seeking age relaxation, select the appropriate age-relaxation category.
9. S No-19: Indicate your highest qualification.
10. S. No. 20 to 23: Fill up details of qualifying Educational Qualifications and experience, if any.
11. S No-24: Please see Notice of Examination, Para No: 19, and fill up accordingly.
12. S No-25 to 27: Information with regard to Present and Permanent Address will be filled up automatically from the One-Time Registration data.
13. Information with regard to Photo and Signature will be filled up automatically from the one-Time Registration data.
14. If you want to modify any entry of the One-Time Registration data, refer to S. No. 3 above.
15. Go through the declaration carefully and click on the “I agree” checkbox if you accept the same. Fill up the Captcha code.
16. Preview and verify the information provided by you. If you want to modify any entry, click on the „Edit/ Modify‟ button and make requisite corrections before proceeding further. When you are satisfied that the information is correctly filled, preview and verify the information and submit the
Application. You will not be able to make any corrections in the online application after submission of the application.
17. Proceed to make fee payment if you are not exempted from payment of fee.
18. Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan. Refer Para-10 of the Notice of Examination for further information on the payment of the fee.
19. When the application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted „Provisionally‟. Candidate should take the printout of the application form for their own records. Printout of the „Application Form‟ is normally not required to be submitted to the Commission at any stage.
✅ Selection Process of SSC JHT 2020
The Selection Process of include the Following Stages:-
- Written Exam Tier I
- Written Exam Tier II (Descriptive)
✅ Exam Pattern of SSC JHT 2020
- Negative Marking in Paper I: 1/4th
|Paper-II (Descriptive)||Translation & Essay||200 Marks||2 Hours|
✅ SSC JHT 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for Paper-I (Computer Based Examination): The questions will be designed to test the candidate’s‟ understanding of the languages and literature, correct use of words, phrases and idioms, and ability to write the languages correctly, precisely and effectively. The questions will be of degree level.
Syllabus Paper-II: Translation and Essay: This paper will contain two passages for translation – one passage for translation from Hindi to English and one passage for translation from English to Hindi, and an Essay each in Hindi and English, to test the candidates‟ translation skills and their ability to write as well as comprehend the two languages correctly, precisely and effectively. The level of the paper will be consistent with the educational qualifications prescribed.
✅Previous Year Papers
Will be updated soon
✅Frequently Asked Questions
✅ How many vacancies in SSC JHT 2020?
✔️ Ther are a total of 283 Vacancies, 275 vacancy of Junior Hindi Translator/ Junior Translator and 8 vacancies of Senior Hindi Translator
✅ How to Apply Online for SSC Junior Hindi Translator?
✔️ First of all, complete a one-time registration from the home page of the SSC website www.ssc.nic.in then go Apply section and choose JHT then fill-up the form, upload photographs, and Signature and pay the fees, if applicable.
✅ What is the last date to apply for the SSC JHT 2020?
✔️ The last date to apply online for the SSC JHT 2020 is 25 July 2020. Online applications for SSC JHT 2020 starts from Jun 29, 2020.
✅ What is the Exam Date of SSC JHT 2020?
✔️ SSC JHT 2020 Tier I Exam will be conducted on 6 Oct 2020 in CBT Mode, while the Tier II exam in Descriptive Mode will be conducted on Jan 31, 2021.