UIDAI Aadhar Card: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a statutory authority established by the Government of India to create and issue a Unique Identification Number (UID) named ‘Aadhaar’ to all the residents of India. UIDAI was created in 2016 under ‘The Aadhaar Act 2016″. The Aadhaar Number is a unique 12-digit identity number for every resident of India, and Aadhar Card is the Photographic Identity Card displaying the basic information of the resident including the Aadhaar Number, Photograph, Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, and Address. The information on various services including Aadhar Card Download, Aadhar Card Status Check, Aadhar Card Update, PVC Aadhar Card, Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number, etc is given here.
Aadhar Card: Download, Check Status, Update, PVC Aadhaar, Link with Mobile Number
Benefits of Having an Aadhaar Card
However, the Aadhar Card is not mandatory to have, it involves a lot of benefits and services. The list of benefits of having an Aadhar Card in India is given below:
- Aadhar Card is a photographic Identity Card, used to prove the identity of the resident.
- A lot of Govt Schemes and Services including the LPG Subsidy, Jan Dhan Yojana, etc are directly linked with the Aadhaar Card
- Linking Aadhar with PAN Card, Voter ID, Bank Account, and Digital Locker helps make the services easier to use.
Services through UIDAI My Aadhar Portal
UIDAI has made its user-friendly portal through ‘My Aadhaar’ so that the residents can get the Aadhar Card and its services as listed below:
- Download Aadhar Card PDF Online
- Order PVC Aadhar Card
- Check Aadhar Card Status
- Lock/ Unlock Aadhar
- Retrieve EID/ Aadhar Number
- Verify Email/ Mobile Number
Download Aadhar Card PDF Online
The citizens having a valid Aadhaar Number with a registered mobile number can download their Aadhar Card in PDF format online from the UIDAI Portal at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in. Follow these steps to download the Aadhar Card PDF Online:
- Visit the UIDAI My Aadhaar Portal at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ button
- The residents can download Aadhar Card PDF using either the Aadhar Number, Enrollment ID (EID), or Virtual ID (VID)
- Choose the appropriate option and enter the Aadhar Number/ EID/ VID
- Then Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Send OTP’
- The One Time Password (OTP) will be received at the registered mobile number of the resident
- Enter the OTP and click on “Verify and Download”
- The Aadhar Card PDF download will start automatically
- Save the Aadhar Card PDF on your local device (Laptop, mobile, etc.)
- The residents will need an 8-character password to open the Aadhar Card PDF
- The password would be a combination of the first four letters of the name in the capital followed by the year of birth.
Aadhar Card Update Online
After the creation of the Aadhar Number, and Aadhar Card, the residents may require to change or update the data related to name, address, mobile number, etc. The residents can change or update their Aadhar Date online from the My Aadhaar Portal. Follow these steps for Aadhar Card Update Online from Home:
- Visit the My Aadhaar Portal at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Login’ button
- Enter the Aadhar Number and Captcha Code, then click on the ‘Send OTP’ button
- The OTP will be received on the registered mobile number of the resident.
- Enter the OTP and click on the ‘Login’ button
- After Login click on the ‘Update Online Services’ button
- Then click on the ‘Update Aadhar Online’ button
- The click on the ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’ button
- From here the residents can change their Name, Gender, Date of Birth, and Address.
- Remember that a limited number of chances are given to change these credentials, so use this service responsibly.
Aadhar Card Status Check Online
The residents can check the status of their new Aadhar card, Aadhar Card Update, PVC Aadhar Card Delivery, etc. Follow these steps to check the Aadhar Card Status Online from My Aadhar Portal:
- Visit the My Aadhar Portal at myaadhar.uidai.gov.in
- Click on the ‘Check Enrolment & Update Status’ button
- Enter the Enrolment ID, URN, or SRN in the required field
- Enter the captcha code and click on the submit button
- The Aadhar Card Status will be displayed on the screen
How to download Aadhar Card PDF Online?
Download the Aadhar Card PDF from the website www.myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
How to Check Aadhar Card Status?
Check Aadhar Card Status online from the website www.myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in